The Cauldon Works factory was built in 1802 by the famous potter Job Ridgway and his father, Ralph. Ridgway was recognized early on as the premier producer of the traditional Brown Betty teapot in addition to a great variety of china and earthenware goods. His company has undergone a series of name changes from John Ridgway, Bates and Co., to Bates, Brow-Westhead, Moore and Co., to Cauldon Ltd., and finally Cauldon Potteries. The crown identity mark was adopted in 1891 under Brow-Westhead, who were “Potters to Her Majesty”. Today, Cauldon Potteries is the single firm that is licensed to produce Brown Betty teapots, which they proudly make by hand.
The post Cauldon Ceramics appeared first on Gravel & Gold.
Leave a comment