A sandal-making-kit for you to make sandals on your own!
Rachel has made sure it has everything you need to make a pair of leather sandals: tools, materials, and instructions. Some of these things can be tricky to source or to buy in small quantities so its been a dream of mine to assemble a kit for the sandal-curious to use!
- Heavy 9/10oz. soling leather (enough for women's sizes 6-12)
- 4/5oz. weight leather for upper straps (approx 13" x 20")
- Vibram or BIRK foam-rubber outsoles (enough for women's sizes 6-12)
- Round leather laces (about 62")
- 2 "Sam Brown" screw-back studs w instructions
- Leather hole punch
- Scratch Awl
- Olfa brand utility knife w blade (refillable)
- Shoe glue & brush
- 16-page Instruction booklet by me
- free link to 1-hr instructional Skillshare video by me
- 3 pages of patterns to use as starting-points
- pen in the alternate color of the leather you choose
Does not include: Paper (for making variations on patterns), Scissors (for cutting paper- any will do but nice fabric scissors are best), Tape (i like plain masking tape to secure the straps while adjusting fit)
Also does not include: An electric table-sander to smooth the edges of the finished sandals. This can be ok because A) it IS possible to get a smooth edge by just using the sharp knife blade-- if that dosnt go as well as youd like, then B) bring your sandals to a local cobbler and ask to have the edges cleaned up. this may cost zero to $10 and will establish a nice bond between you and your cobbler. lastly, C) buy (or borrow) a table-sander for approx $100 and make sandals forever!
More info here: https://www.rachelseessnailshoes.com/shop/kit